Improving the lives of Detroit’s neediest citizens, through shelter, food, medical care, volunteer efforts and education.
Serving Detroit’s neediest with dignity and hope. You can help.
Every dollar of your tax deductible gift goes directly into the daily operational needs of the causes and persons profiled here.
The idea of S.A.Y. Detroit is in its letters: Super All Year. It was formed in February, 2006, after Mitch Albom went public with a plea to do as much for the homeless all winter as the city was doing over a Super Bowl weekend. He spent a night in a shelter to call attention to the issue. The response was overwhelming, and S.A.Y. Detroit was soon a fully-formed 501(c)(3) charity that serves as an umbrella organization for major programs like the revitalized S.A.Y. Play Center at Lipke Park, Detroit Dream Scholarship, and A Time to Help. Accomplishments include:
- the nation’s first full-time medical clinic for homeless children and their mothers
- a state-of-the-art kitchen at the Michigan Veterans Foundation
- Bright Beginnings, a full-time day care center for the children of homeless women who are in transition or searching for work
- Newly refurbished homes for poor but working families, that are deeded over to them after two years of occupancy
- The funding of dozens of projects for Detroit area agencies
An endowment fund launched March 21, 2017, the S.A.Y. Detroit Tomorrow Fund offers businesses, companies, foundations and private individuals the ability to become a leader and permanent fixture within S.A.Y. Detroit through naming rights and other founding benefactor opportunities. It is the catalyst of a new stage of growth at S.A.Y. Detroit. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org